In this article, we are going to talk about positive words that start with H, and their impact on our lives. Before we do that let’s find out what positive words really are? In simple terms, a positive word is a word which has a positive meaning.
You will get the idea of positive words in detail when you will go through the positive words given below. You need to remember one thing that the general list of positive words starting with H is a very large one and it is difficult for us to discuss all of them here.
The list of positive words that start with H given in this article is the most comprehensive one you could have wished for. Each word in this list of has been carefully chosen to serve the desired purpose.
Let us talk about the letter H a little bit. H is the eighth letter in the ISO basic Latin alphabet. An interesting thing about letter H is that it acts as a voiceless vowel in some cases such as, an hour, an honor etc. It is the eighth most commonly used letter in the English language this is why you can expect the list of positive words beginning with H to be a broad one.
Our objective has been to introduce this list of positive words that start with H to you but it is totally up to you to learn these words and to bring them into practical usage in your day to day lives. Let’s now go through these positive words that start with H to feel the positive energy coming out of them.
You Might Also Like:
Positive Words That Start with H to Describe a Person
There are a number of positive words that start with H to describe a person. When someone asks us to describe a person it is totally up to us to forge his/her image. If we use positive words a beautiful sketch of his/her personality will be forged. Following are some of those positive words starting with H to describe a person positively.
- Definition: feeling or showing pleasure or satisfaction
- Synonyms: cheerful, contented, delighted
- Example: Isabella is a happy soul.
- Definition: someone who is admired for having done something very brave
- Synonyms: exemplar, ideal, model
- Example: Che Guevara is a national hero for his part in the revolution.
- Definition: honest and fair
- Synonyms: ethical, honest, noble
- Example: Abigail’s neighbors are decent and honorable people.
- Definition: a person who believes in values of humanism
- Synonyms: radical, tolerant, freethinker
- Example: Oliver is a practical humanist, who believes in the dignity of mankind.
- Definition: strong enough to bear extreme conditions
- Synonyms: firm, fit, solid
- Example: A few hardy boys broke the ice on the lake and had a swim.
- Definition: a humorous character in plays at the theatre
- Synonyms: jester, joker
- Example: The harlequin entertained the queen with his interesting magical and comedy acts.
- Definition: contrary to an acknowledged standard, or a traditional form
- Synonyms: dissentient, nonconformist
- Example: Leo’s opinions have always been distinctly heterodox.
- Definition: a person interested in serious art or complicated subjects
- Synonyms: cerebral, scholarly, wise
- Example: This movie just appeals to the highbrows.
- Definition: very determined to do what you want
- Synonyms: determined, strong-minded, willful
- Example: Elizabeth was a headstrong child, always getting into trouble.
- Definition: not affected by outward influence or power
- Synonyms: mysterious, occult, isolated
- Example: Oscar entered the hermetic world of the monastery at a very young age.
Positive Words That Start with H to Encourage Yourself
People are often in need of encouragement to pursue their desired goals. Following are some encouraging words that start with H that you can use to encourage people. You need to incorporate these motivational words that start with H into your talks to create resounding effect on the listener.
- Definition: the feeling that something desired can be had
- Synonyms: aspiration, belief, faith
- Example: Sofia has high hopes of being chosen for the leading part in the play.
- Definition: always putting a lot of effort into your work
- Synonyms: dedicated, diligent, assiduous
- Example: Scarlett is a very hardworking employee.
- Definition: showing kindness and sympathy toward others
- Synonyms: cordial, generous, humanitarian
- Example: What Jacob did was the most humane thing to do.
- Definition: heroic conduct especially as exhibited in fulfilling a high purpose
- Synonyms: bravery, courage, dauntlessness
- Example: You have to admire Muhammad’s heroism.
- Definition: to pick and collect crops
- Synonyms: gather, pick, reap
- Example: They’ve had a bumper harvest of apples this year.
- Definition: to control something in order to use its power
- Synonyms: control, mobilize
- Example: People of this area believe they can harness the power of the wind to make electricity.
- Definition: a situation in which people are peaceful and agree with each other
- Synonyms: consistency, peace, tranquility
- Example: We all should try to live in harmony.
- Definition: making you feel happier and more positive
- Synonyms: encouraging, exhilarating, gladdening
- Example: It was heartening to see so many people at the rally.
- Definition: to get used to something
- Synonyms: prepare, familiarize, acclimatize
- Example: Feeding dogs habituates them to humans.
- Definition: to make something suitable for its purpose
- Synonyms: sharpen, whet, edge
- Example: He honed his skills in archery by practicing in his backyard.
Positive Words That Start with H to Compliment Others
People love to hear someone complementing them. For your convenience we have come up with a list of nice words that start with H that you can use to compliment people.
- Definition: physically attractive
- Synonyms: beauteous, attractive, bonny
- Example: He is a really handsome dude.
- Definition: willing to help
- Synonyms: cooperative, productive, supportive
- Example: Eva’s such a pleasant, helpful child!
- Definition: not likely to cause harm
- Synonyms: gentle, innocent, innocuous
- Example: Jean might look a bit fierce, but he’s totally harmless.
- Definition: showing a modest estimate of one’s importance
- Synonyms: polite, respectful, self-effacing
- Example: Maria’s very humble about his success.
- Definition: clothing associated with a special occasion
- Synonyms: finery, costume, frock
- Example: Their habiliment reflects the nomadic culture of their nationality.
- Definition: deep respect shown for a person or god
- Synonyms: allegiance, deference, loyalty
- Example: They are paying homage to him for his achievements.
- Definition: a famous man, who is attractive to many women
- Synonyms: sweetheart, beauty, flame
- Example: He’s the latest Hollywood heartthrob.
- Definition: to put in a state of trance
- Synonyms: captivate, mesmerize, spellbind
- Example: John was hypnotized by Saira’s steely grey eyes.
- Definition: very quickly and without delay
- Synonyms: hastily, hurriedly
- Example: Audrey came hotfoot from the palace with the latest news.
- Definition: covered with hair
- Synonyms: bearded, bushy, fleecy
- Example: Harry looks better ever since he decided to have a hirsute face.
Positive Words That Start with H to Help Through Difficulties
Most people are in desperate need of some inspiration to cope up with difficult times life puts them through. These are some positive words that start with the letter H that will help people get through their difficulties.
- Definition: to provide assistance
- Synonyms: aid, assist, boost
- Example: Jack always helps the poor.
- Definition: to make or become healthy
- Synonyms: alleviate, cure, mend
- Example: The wound on your left would heal over soon.
- Definition: to put the arms someone and hold closely
- Synonyms: caress, cradle, embrace
- Example: I just want to hug her so much right now.
- Definition: to raise with effort
- Synonyms: fling, haul, hoist
- Example: Johnson hoisted a last shot that won the game for her team.
- Definition: to crowd together
- Synonyms: assemble, consult, group
- Example: The team huddled together before the start of the match.
- Definition: to depend entirely on someone or something
- Synonyms: depend, rest, hang
- Example: Our plan hinges on the deal being struck with a new company.
- Definition: to give a prediction
- Synonyms: signal, predict, herald
- Example: President’s speech harbingered a change in policy.
- Definition: having a pleasant relation or harmony
- Synonyms: congenial, cordial, peaceful
- Example: There are harmonious relations between these two neighboring countries.
- Definition: to increase the level of moisture in air
- Synonyms: moisten, dampen, bedew
- Example: Plants humidify and cool the air.
- Definition: to treat something abstract as a concrete reality
- Synonyms: materialize, actualize, realize
- Example: Tom should at least try to hypostatize his fantasies.
Positive Words That Start with H to Uplift Our Mind
Words have a magical power of moving both our minds and souls. We have compiled a list of some good words that start with H for you that can help you uplift your mind.
- Definition: giving great pleasure
- Synonyms: angelic, delicious, glorious
- Example: The food was heavenly last night.
- Definition: a color
- Synonyms: complexion, tinge, tint
- Example: In the waters of the Satrangi Lake there are fish of every hue.
- Definition: plain but pleasant
- Synonyms: comfy, cozy, domestic
- Example: The hotel we stayed at was homely and comfortable.
- Definition: a safe or peaceful place
- Synonyms: asylum, shelter, anchorage
- Example: Maria’s garden was a haven from the noise and bustle of the city.
- Definition: full of energy and happiness
- Synonyms: carefree, joyful, lively
- Example: John is high-spirited and impetuous.
- Definition: to make Greek in character
- Synonyms: transform, adopt, Grecize
- Example: Julius sought to Hellenize his subjects.
- Definition: a place where a religious person lives, away from the society
- Synonyms: refuge, hideaway, haven
- Example: Michael lived in a hermitage when he was old.
- Definition: an open shelter
- Synonyms: cottage, sanctuary, shelter
- Example: That homeless man lives in an abandoned hovel near the metro.
- Definition: a situation in which people laugh very loudly
- Synonyms: amusement, merriment, cheerfulness
- Example: The jester was pleased when the audience responded with hilarity to his jests.
- Definition: a very happy or successful period in the past
- Synonyms: balmy, happy, golden
- Example: Sheela was recalling the halcyon days of her youth.
List of Positive Words That Start with H to Keep Us Stay Positive
People are always searching for some positivity in their lives. If we start using positive words a little more we can bring that positivity into others’ as well our own lives. Following is a list of positive words that start with H that will help you stay positive.
- Definition: having hope
- Synonyms: optimistic, confident
- Example: Both companies are hopeful of a successful agreement.
- Definition: the feeling of being happy
- Synonyms: cheerfulness, amusement, merriment
- Example: Happiness counts more than money.
- Definition: to have a strong desire for something
- Synonyms: crave, itch, yearn
- Example: I have been hankering for a burger.
- Definition: to bring ideas or actions into agreement
- Synonyms: adjust, coordinate, integrate
- Example: It would be sensible if we could harmonize our plans.
- Definition: used to express excitement or approval
- Synonyms: whoopee, zeal, yippee
- Example: Hurray! It’s time to go the cinema.
- Definition: to speak to someone, often for a long time
- Synonyms: lecture, address, accost
- Example: Our team were given an excellent half-time harangue by the manager.
- Definition: to cause the production of hybrids by crossing
- Synonyms: cross-breed, mix, blend
- Example: Gardeners on our side hybridize their roses.
- Definition: to spend the winter in close quarters
- Synonyms: sleep, immure, hole up
- Example: A turtle can hibernate up to six months.
- Definition: the art of garden cultivation and management
- Synonyms: floricultural, agricultural
- Example: Their organization is providing free horticultural training to young people.
- Definition: the most successful period of someone’s life
- Synonyms: prime, peak, height
- Example: In their heyday, they sold thousands of records.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with H
There are a lot of positive words that we commonly use in our everyday speech and writing. Some kind words that start with H that are commonly used by us in our everyday life are:
- Definition: to be the host for guests
- Synonyms: entertain, receive, organize
- Example: Maria is going to host the party this time around.
- Definition: the house where you live
- Synonyms: apartment, property, lodgings
- Example: Booker always feel relaxed when he is home.
- Definition: the state of being well
- Synonyms: energy, fitness, strength
- Example: Regular exercise is good for your health.
- Definition: to sing without opening your mouth
- Synonyms: sing, murmur, buzz
- Example: Josephine hummed to herself as she walked to school.
- Definition: a sweet, sticky, yellow sweet made by bees
- Synonyms: nectar, sweet
- Example: Honey is a natural healer.
- Definition: something that you do often and regularly
- Synonyms: pattern, practice, ritual
- Example: Julia has got such good habits.
- Definition: to emphasize something
- Synonyms: foreground, underline, underscore
- Example: The new report highlights the need for improved safety.
- Definition: greater than the usual level
- Synonyms: elevated, gallant, great
- Example: Adeline is a woman of high principles.
- Definition: strongly felt and sincere
- Synonyms: ardent, cordial, earnest
- Example: Sir! Please accept my heartfelt apologies.
- Definition: a heading at the top of an article or newspaper
- Synonyms: caption, header, title
- Example: The engagement of the two Hollywood stars made headline news.
Positive Words That Start with H for Attractive Resumes
Do you want to make your resume more attractive and appealing? Well, we have a solution for that. Following are some inspirational words that start with H that you can put into your CV to make it professional and eye-catching.
- Definition: to be in charge of a group or organization
- Synonyms: control, lead, supervise
- Example: Clara heads one of America’s leading travel firms.
- Definition: to employ someone for wages
- Synonyms: employ, appoint, sign up
- Example: Peyton was hired by the first company she applied to.
- Definition: telling the truth or able to be trusted
- Synonyms: truthful, sincere, forthright
- Example: Oliver is an honest person.
- Definition: involved in improving people’s lives
- Synonyms: humane, unselfish
- Example: Being a humanitarian, Taskin is involved in various children’s charities.
- Definition: great respect given, received, or enjoyed
- Synonyms: rewarded, glorified
- Example: Liam was honored for his courage.
- Definition: to increase the amount or degree of
- Synonyms: increase, enhance
- Example: The campaign is intended to heighten students’ awareness of rules and regulations.
- Definition: mix socially
- Synonyms: associate, mix, fraternize
- Example: He has been hobnobbing with the great and good.
- Definition: to change something so that all of its parts or features become the same or very similar
- Synonyms: blend, adapt, intermix
- Example: The industrial trades are now being homogenized, and it is a general trend.
- Definition: paying careful attention to someone
- Synonyms: attentive, careful, mindful
- Example: You should be more heedful of my advice if you want to make a good impression.
- Definition: diverse in character
- Synonyms: varied, diversified, miscellaneous
- Example: Our faculty is a heterogeneous mixture of people from all corners of the country, and from all strata of society.
Positive Words That Start with H – Full List (330 Words)
The list of positive words that start with H given below consists of all the positive words that we have already discussed above and more. This list will help you revise all the positive words starting with H that you have learnt in this article.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start with H
Now that you have learned all these positive words that start with H, it is time to take the next step. What would that be, one may inquire? Well, taking that particular step was the main objective for which this article has been written.
The reason this article has been written is to make you aware of the significance of the effects of positive words on people’s attitudes, behavior and their lives overall. What you must do now is that you need to start using these positive words beginning with H in your day-to-day lives to spread positivity around.
These positive words starting with H will bring a positive change in your life as well the lives of other people around you. After you finish this article, what you may do is that you may search for some more positive words that start with H. This will help your understanding of positive words even further and will also improve your public self-image.