It’s monthly Wish List time, once again. So here’s a look at what to buy for fall 2019 – from cosy sweater dresses, through to Gucci-inspired loafers and a timeless wool-blend coat…
1. Button down shirt by Marks & Spencer ~ Denim shirts are a great basic for autumn/winter. Layer over lightweight turtlenecks, slogan tees or brightly coloured long-sleeved tops to stay cosy and chic.
2. Fair isle knit by Warehouse ~ You know I’m not a big fan of winter dressing, but I can’t deny it’s exciting to see the return of Fair Isle knits. I like the idea of styling this colourful sweater with a pleated leather skirt. How would you wear it?
3. Polka dot dress by Warehouse ~ Another adorable Warehouse find for fall… This is a great “dress up or down” number. For daytime I’d pair it with chunky, flat ankle boots and a leather jacket. And, in the evening, I’d belt the waist, slip into my favourite high heels and add a splash of red lipstick.
4. Dogtooth handbag by Accessorize ~ Can you believe this handbag is less than £30? It looks super-luxe and Chanel-esque. I wouldn’t be surprised if we soon see it hanging from the arms of every Instagram influencer. Get it before it goes…
5. Embroidered pencil skirt at Anthropologie ~ I’ll be honest: I’m not really a pencil skirt kinda gal. I find them restrictive and hard to walk in. But I’d willing to give them another go, because this floral embroidered design is stunning! If you work in a semi-formal office, it would be a great way to add more colour and fun to your weekday wardrobe.
6. Wool-blend coat by H&M ~ The high street is now rammed with winter coats. And it’s a bit overwhelming. There is SO much to choose from. If you’re searching for a classic style that will date well, I’d opt for this wool-blend number from H&M. I love the oversized collar and slightly boxy shape.
7. Embellished top by Monsoon ~ I don’t know why, but I always struggle to find “dressy” tops that I like. T-shirts? I’ve got millions of them. But “going out tops”? My wardrobe is severely lacking. This embellished blouse from Monsoon seems like a good place to start, however. It will look just as good with jeans as it would leather leggings.
8. Leather moccasins by Mango ~ Can’t afford a pair of Gucci’s iconic leather flats but want to channel the look, this fall? Try these babies from Mango, instead. They’re super versatile – style them with jeans, tailored trousers and skirts – and a total classic, so you’ll gets tons of wear out of them.
9. Knitted dress by Monsoon ~ Say hello to sweater dress weather! I love getting cosy in cute, knitted dresses. And this cowl neck design from Monsoon immediately caught my eye. I love the cheerful colour, which will pair well with tan, camel and chocolate brown. Wear with over-the-knee boots to score major autumnal fashion points.