Retailers have started to fill their boutiques and virtual stores with autumnal clothing, which feels a bit discombobulating, considering we still have a giant chunk of summer left to enjoy. I’m sure you don’t want to think about winter coats yet. So, instead, here’s my edit of the best trans-seasonal styles to gravitate towards, this month…
1. Cotton T-Shirt by Marks & Spencer ~ M&S have really upped their T-shirt game, this season. Pair their “Love Life” design with cut-off denim shorts, for the last of your summer beach days.
2. Print tea dress by Kitri ~ Confession: I’ve still never actually shopped at Kitri. This is insane, right? I love the brand’s offering, so must rectify this ASAP. And I think this vintage print tea dress would be a good place to start…
3. Studded sandals by & Other Stories ~ Sienna Miller, circa 2004, will forever be my style icon. And these studded sandals perfectly evoke that era of fashion. I’d style them with white jeans and a black, silk camisole for a sexy, 2019 take on the look.
4. Flared denim dungarees by Mango ~ Seventies-inspired fashion is having a moment. And these flared dungarees are a great way to tap into the look. Layer them over a white tee during August, and pair them with a ribbed-knit sweater and corduroy jacket, come autumn.
5. Safari jacket by Sézane ~ I’m absolutely obsessed with this utility jacket from Sézane. It’s so versatile, and I love the idea of pairing it with a pleated midi skirt and block heels.
6. Black mini dress by Mango ~ Nothing shows off a tan quite like a little black dress. This ruffled number from Mango would look great with & Other Stories’ studded sandals. And come autumn/winter you can style it with tights and ankle boots!
7. Boatneck knit sweater by & Other Stories ~ Is it too early to start thinking about knitwear? Possibly. But I can’t resist this bright boatneck sweater from & Other Stories. It would look fabulous paired with Monsoon’s faux-leather skirt.
8. Faux leather midi skirt by Monsoon ~ Style this midi skirt with the boatneck knit, above, or pair it with a silk blouse, or dress it down with a casual tee. However you choose to wear it, it’s sure to look incredible!
9. Floral trellis dress by Boden ~ Boden’s floral trellis dress is perfect for anyone who has an August city break planned. Just add Converse sneakers and a cross-body bag.
Have any of these style buys caught your eye?