As you all know, “September is the January of fashion”, so now is the perfect time to give your wardrobe a refresh and invest in any hero items for autumn/winter that you might be missing. Here are 9 styles that have caught my attention, this month…
1. Check blazer by Mint Velvet ~ The lovely Emma Hill rocks a blazer, and she’s inspired me to step up my outerwear game for autumn. This checked, double-breasted design from Mint Velvet would be so easy to style, as the colours go with just about everything!
2. Structured cross-body bag by Mango ~ You can never have too many cross-body bags, right? And this structured style from Mango is a great size and colour for A/W…
3. Floral maxi dress by Jigsaw ~ If you’re not ready to wave goodbye to floral prints and billowing maxi dresses, make a beeline towards Jigsaw’s pretty, red dress. Whilst it’s still warm out, pair it with sandals or trainers. Then add tights and ankle boots once the temperature drops.
4. Fleece coat by Uniqlo ~ I popped into Uniqlo’s flagship store on Oxford Street, last week, and was blown away by their A/W collection. They have so many great pieces! This fleece coat was a standout, especially because it’s such a great price.
5. Tie dye maxi dress by Mint Velvet ~ Tie dye was a key trend for summer, and it’s not going away just because autumn is fast approaching. Search for dark tie dye patterns, and style with chunky accessories and fuzzy textures.
6. Hiker ankle boots by Marks & Spencer ~ Obviously these are no good for hiking, but they’ll serve you well whilst stomping around the city, this fall. I’d style them with Mint Velvet’s tie dye maxi dress.
7. Ruched blouse by Moon River ~ This ruched sleeve blouse was made for tucking into high-waisted fall skirts. I like the idea of pairing it with the bottle green leather skirt from the August wish list.
8. Tiger pyjamas by Next ~ Prepare for autumn hibernation by treating yourself to a cosy new pair of PJs. I love this tiger print set from Next!
9. Camo jacket by Jocelyn ~ I’m a big fan of camo jackets, and this design would look great styled with leather leggings and a marl grey cashmere knit. You could also try pairing it with more feminine pieces – like a pleated midi skirt – for an unexpected juxtaposition.