In a surprising twist that no one saw coming, I’ve actually been enjoying dressing for the colder temperatures, so far. This is highly out of character for me, as I famously loathe layering. And I’m trying to make the most of this unexpected change in perspective, by adding exciting new styles to my A/W wardrobe. Here are a few of the new season buys that have been catching my eye…
1. Blue teddy coat by Next ~ Next always do such great coats, and this season I’m obsessed with their cosy teddy style (I LOVE the oversized pockets). The design comes in a variety of pastel and neutral hues, and I have a feeling the soft blue colour will be the most popular.
2. Personalised 2020 diary by Papier ~ Okay, so this isn’t exactly a fashion item. But who doesn’t get ridiculously excited about planners and diaries each time we approach a new year? Papier’s customisable 2020 planner instantly caught my eye. Buy a matching set for you and your BFF (they’re great Christmas gifts).
3. Black lace blouse by Mint Velvet ~ I have a beautiful black, lace blouse from Monsoon that is now a couple of years old. Every winter I wear it on repeat, and constantly get asked where it’s from. So I was really excited to see a super-similar style in Mint Velvet’s latest collection. As I can now direct people straight towards this cutie!
4. Floral print top by Warehouse ~ And, whilst we’re talking about autumnal blouses, how pretty is this floral print top from Warehouse? I love the ruffle detailing on the shoulder! It’s the perfect piece to tuck into high-waisted skirts and jeans.
5. Knit sweater by Mango ~ I can’t resist a chunky knit, and this Mango design immediately got my heart racing. Pair with a leather midi skirt for a super chic look!
6. Suede ankle boots by aeydē ~ Who doesn’t live in suede ankle boots, come A/W? Despite having countless pairs in my wardrobe already, I always find myself wanting more. And this winter aeydē’s beige, pointed-toe booties have won my affections. I like the fact they look slightly cowboy boot-esque, which is very on trend for 2019.
7. Silver sequin mini dress by Mint Velvet ~ Is it too early to start thinking about party season dressing? Probably not. In which case, I’d like to draw your attention to this sassy little sequin number from Mint Velvet. It makes enough of a statement on its own, that you can go really simple with accessories.
8. Camel wool fedora by Mint Velvet ~ I love camel fedora hats, but I always worry they won’t suit blonde hair because they’re only ever styled on brunettes in product photos. For that reason, I got this wool hat in grey (which I also love), but I still adore the camel style so couldn’t resist adding it to the Wish List.
9. Metallic berry pleated skirt by Next ~ Pleated midi skirts are an A/W essential. And I love this metallic berry design from Next. The colour will work with both bare legs and black tights, which makes it so much more versatile for the season. Plus, it’s festive without being OTT or cheesy.
Which style buys are you coveting for November? Have any of these designs caught your eye?