April is a surprisingly difficult month to compile a wish list for, because no one knows exactly what to expect from the weather. Will the winter chill hang around, uninvited? Can we finally put our favourite spring dresses back in rotation? Or will the month be a total washout of April Showers?
I’ve decided to hope for the best, so this month’s Wish List is a mix of spring layers and standout pieces to purchase ahead of your summer holidays…
1. Hoop earrings by Astley Clarke ~ Astley Clarke is one of my favourite jewellery brands, as they’re great at doing timeless pieces that have a point of difference. These gold hoop earrings are my latest obsession – I love the half moon shape.
2. Jersey dress by Norma Kamali ~ I’ve fallen head-over-heels for this easy, breezy Norma Kamali jersey dress. The Grecian design was inspired by old Hollywood glamour, and I’d pair it with flat sandals, delicate gold jewellery and bronzed makeup.
3. Utility jacket by Next ~ As you know, I LOVE a good utility jacket in khaki or olive green. And this Next design is my top pick for spring. I love the belted waist, and think it would look great worn with pleated midi skirts.
4. Flat sandals by Aldo ~ If you’re searching for a classic, flat sandal that will see you through the season, this design from Aldo is worth a look. I love the elegant, minimalist style. And they’re also available in tan leather.
5. Lightweight jacket by H&M ~ This H&M jacket is currently on sale, and it’s the perfect piece to protect you from sneaky April Showers. And the best part is, you can easily fold it up and hide it away in your tote bag, when you’re not using it.
6. Pull-on trousers by H&M ~ This season I really want to invest in some comfortable linen and cotton trousers, so that I’m not always reliant on jeans. These pull-on trousers from H&M are perfect – as they look polished, but are probably as comfortable as a pair of tracksuit bottoms…
7. Straight leg jeans by Madewell ~ …That said, I won’t be giving up on denim completely. And I love these light wash, straight leg jeans from Madewell. They’d actually look great paired with the Aldo sandals and Next jacket.
8. Stripe bikini by Warehouse ~ I can’t resist an earthy colour palette (or a good bikini, for that matter). So it was inevitable that I’d fall for Warehouse’s stripe bikini. The slightly retro shape is super-sexy!
9. Pink saddle bag by Kurt Geiger ~ This Kurt Geiger handbag is currently on sale, and I adore both the colour and shape. The “pebble” fastening looks really luxurious, so I’m sure people will be fooled into thinking you’re carrying a designer bag.
Which style buys are topping your wish list for April 2019?
[This post contains affiliate links]