My makeup and skincare routine has had a bit of a shakeup this summer, and I’ve welcomed a host of new products to my favourites list. A few are brand new A/W 2016 launches, but others are cult classics that I’ve just got around to discovering. Here’s the full lowdown…
1. Dior Light & Contour Duo Stick (in 001). I never caught the contouring bug, and despite various “foolproof” product launches I still fail to sculpt and highlight. However, Dior’s new Light & Contour stick is very, very good. And it’s the most comfortable I’ve been with the contouring process. The double-ended pen features a bronzing shadow and a light illuminator. The creamy texture is really easy to blend (I use fingers and a buffer brush) and creates a defined-yet-subtle finish. Purchase at Selfridges and Nordstrom.
2. Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 45. It’s easy to remember to apply SPF before makeup every day. But what are you supposed to do when you’re on-the-go and in direct sunlight? For years this mystery went unsolved, until one day I discovered Peter Thomas Roth’s mineral SPF, which you can brush on over makeup throughout the day. It may not be the most glamorous purchase ever, but it sure is useful! Purchase at Cult Beauty and Sephora.
3. Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream. This is a great little eye cream for women in their 20’s and early 30’s. The formula is lightweight and intensely-hydrating, and acts as a great base for under-eye concealer. I prefer to gently apply the cream with my ring finger rather than use the ball applicator, however. Purchase at John Lewis and Sephora.
4. Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Moisture Cushion Moisturiser. This is quite possibly the best moisturiser I have ever used, and I’ve been raving about it to anyone who will listen all summer. The oil-free formula is super lightweight yet heavily-hydrating. But the best part is, 48 hours after I started using Hyaluronic Moisture Cushion all of the pimples I had on my forehead vanished. And they’d been stubbornly hanging around for months! Purchase at Cult Beauty and Sephora.
5. Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pad for Face. As you can probably tell, I’m loving Dr Dennis Gross skincare right now. And my second favourite product has to be the Alpha Beta Glow Pads for Face. You simply apply the individually wrapped wipes to your face and neck, and an even, natural-looking tan develops throughout the day/night. I’m totally obsessed. Purchase at Space NK and Sephora.
The Chanel Le Rouge Collection
6. Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow Palette (in Candeur et Experience). Chanel have just released their Fall 2016 beauty collection, and it’s the first created by their new make-up and colour director, Lucia Pica. Lucia isn’t one to play it safe, and the Le Rouge collection focuses solely on the colour red. You may be thinking, “Red eyeshadow? Ick!” But the Les 4 Ombres palette is actually the highlight of the collection. The three warm browns all have red undertones, and are surprisingly flattering, and the brick red shadow makes for a great, eye-opening colour-pop. I’m head-over-heels in love! Purchase at Selfridges.
7. Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick (in Rouge Ingenue). The Chanel Le Rouge Collection also features a lineup of six lipsticks (two Rogue Allure, four Rouge Allure Velvet). My personal favourite is the nude Rogue Ingenue, which is a brownish nude with red undertones. It’s slightly edgier than my go-to nudes and has become my new after dark favourite. Purchase at Selfridges.
8. Erborian Liquid BB Creme (in Clair). I’m always excited to see what French/Korean skincare brand Erborian is doing. And their latest launch is perfect for summer travel. Their infamous BB Creme is now available as a cushion compact. It provides coverage and conceals imperfections – as you would expect – but also helps to moisturise, refine and protect the skin against UV rays. Purchase exclusively at QVC.
9. Bobbi Brown Retouching Face Pencil (in Porcelain). I visited the Bobbi Brown offices whilst I was in New York, last week, and was introduced to the new Retouching Face Pencils. And, unsurprisingly, they’re amazing! The pencils have a creamy-matte texture that allows for multiple uses, and they come in 10 shades. I’ve mostly been using the porcelain pencil to cover blemishes, but you can also highlight and colour-correct with the collection. Purchase at John Lewis and Sephora.
10. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (in Dim Light). I recently went a couple of months without Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder because I ran out and kept forgetting to repurchase. And now that I finally have the finishing powder back in my life I realise how essential it is to my beauty routine. It just gives you such great skin! One of my friends calls it “date face”. It’s a healthy, illuminating glow that magically blurs imperfections. I’ll never go without it again! Purchase at Space NK and Sephora.
Which beauty buys have you gone crazy for throughout summer 2016? Leave a comment below to share your favourites – I always love getting your suggestions…