It’s a Ryan Gosling weekend! Yep, Ryan’s latest movie The Place Beyond the Pines is finally out in UK cinemas, so you can see him rock the bleached blonde look, cradle a baby and make-out with his real-life girlfriend, Eva Mendes. If you’re not a Gosling fan, however, there’s still plenty to busy yourself with. Take a look at my 7 stylish weekend suggestions…
1. Watch The Place Beyond the Pines… Ryan Gosling’s latest movie is released in UK cinemas today. Ryan plays “a mysterious and mythical motorcycle racer” who starts robbing banks to provide for his girlfriend and baby. Eva Mendes, Bradley Cooper and Rose Byrne all co-star. Watch the trailer HERE.
2. Buy a tea dress… The tea dress is having a moment this season, and you have Bottega Veneta’s Tomas Maier to thank. It’s the one item you must have in your Spring/Summer wardrobe, whether you style the look in a grunge fashion, or go for the full 1940′s pin-up vibe. Topshop win the award for the best high street take on the trend. Their green floral design, pictured above, is an absolute must-buy. And it’s under £50 too! What more could you ask for?
3. Start reading a classic novel… I always like to read at least one classic/iconic novel over the summer. Some of my favourites include To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger and Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. I’ve just discovered The Guardian’s list featuring “The 100 greatest novels of all time“, so plan to read one of their suggestions next. Do you have any recommendations?
4. Wear a pineapple print… Moschino Cheap and Chic sent models down their Spring/Summer 2013 runway in playful pineapple prints, and you’d be crazy not to want a piece of the action. Find the fruity collection online at My-Wardrobe or snap up this lookalike pineapple print dress from ASOS.
5. Save your pennies… Are you always wishing you could afford a Balenciaga handbag or a pair of Christian Louboutin heels? Well now is the time to start saving. Stop making so many trips to Starbucks and instead stash your change in a piggy bank. Save £5 a week for six months and you’ll have £120 in your shopping fund. All you need is a stylish piggy bank and some will power! [Harry Allen for Areaware piggy banks pictured above.]
6. Eat pancakes for breakfast… It’s the weekend. You only live once. So eat pancakes for breakfast and be happy!
7. Perfect your blow-drying skills… As I’ve mentioned before, I lack any hairstyling skills whatsoever, but the one thing I’m determined to get better at is blow drying. Perfect, bouncy blow-dries are much harder to achieve than they look, so this weekend I’ll be arming myself with a ceramic barrel brush and John Frieda’s Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray. Fingers crossed the result is semi decent. I’ll keep you posted…