If you follow me on Instagram you will have noticed I spent three days in Cambridge, last week. Although I’ve grown up in the UK, I’d never set foot in the famous university town, and it always looks so beautiful in A Girl A Style‘s photos. So when my mum suggested we take a little spa break this summer I nominated Cambridge. We stayed at The Varisty (thanks Danielle for the recommendation), went punting, ate a LOT of food, relaxed in the spa and tried our best not to get run over by cyclists.
I had my Olympus PEN EP-5 on me at all times, and here’s a look inside my Cambridge photo diary…
There are so many things to see in Cambridge (the colleges, churches, river etc etc), but the one thing everyone suggested I do whilst there was visit Afternoon Tease on King Street. So obviously I had to check it out and see what all the fuss was about. The food was really delicious (I had a slice of the blueberry and buttercream sponge) and it’s great value. Honestly, if this place was in London they’d charge a lot more than £3 for a giant slice of cake…
Five things I observed about Cambridge:
- It’s the perfect place to go if you like posh boys that look like they could be in Made in Chelsea. They’re everywhere!
- You will not manage to walk five steps without said posh boys asking if you would like to go punting.
- People say “hello” on the street. This does not happen in London.
- Bicycles are a big deal. Everyone cycles around the streets, and people just leave their bikes propped against fences without locking them. Again, this does not happen in London.
- Lawns are also a big deal. Do not step on the lawns.
And – just in case you’re wondering – I did spot the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge… in jelly bean form. So now you no longer have to wonder what Kate Middleton would look like if she was made from hundreds of jelly beans.
See? She’s still so pretty, even when made out of candy. Not fair.
Is Cambridge one of your favourite cities? Or is it somewhere your planning on visiting for the first time soon? Let me know…
Photos taken using the Olympus Pen E-P5. The wifi functionality on the Olympus makes it easy to sync your photos to your smartphone and Instagram on the go, as I did numerous times on this trip. Coco’s Tea Party is a UK ambassador for Olympus.