It’s pretty upsetting that Awards Season 2014 has come to an end. Sure, we still have the Cannes Film Festival and the Met Gala to look forward to, but I’m going to miss the back-to-back red carpet appearances. I’ve got used to seeing Lupita Nyong’o on a near-daily basis, so I might start experiencing withdrawal symptoms if she goes under the radar. To spread out the joy a little longer I’ve compiled my complete Awards Season Best Dressed list. So here, ranked in order, are my ten favourite red carpet looks…
1. Amy Adams in Roland Mouret at the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards: This may cause a few disagreements, but Amy’s hot pink Roland Mouret gown was definitely my favourite red carpet look, this season. It’s a shame she wasted it on the Critics’ Choice Awards and didn’t save it for the Oscars.
2. Lupita Nyong’o in Ralph Lauren at the Golden Globes: It blended into the carpet, but that’s my only complaint here. Lupita wowed this season, and her first appearance remains the most iconic.
3. Amy Adams in Antonio Berardi at the SAG Awards
4. Caitlin FitzGerald in Emilia Wickstead at the Golden Globes: I barely even know who Caitlin FitzGerald is (she’s in Masters of Sex, which I haven’t watched, and played Meryl Streep’s daughter in It’s Complicated), but her Golden Globes look was one of the most memorable Awards Season appearances. Proof, once and for all, that you don’t have to be on the A-list to look fabulous at these events.
5. Lupita Nyong’o in Prada at the Academy Awards
6. Rita Ora in Prada at the BRIT Awards: Never in a million years would I have expected to feature Rita Ora an Awards Season Best Dressed list, but she absolutely nailed it at the BRIT Awards. This canary yellow Prada gown is too beautiful for words.
7. Amy Adams in Valentino at the Golden Globes
8. Angelina Jolie in Saint Laurent at the BAFTA Awards: Only Angelina Jolie could arrive at the BAFTA Awards wearing a tux and make you completely forget about all other looks on the red carpet. She is on a whole new level of awesome!
9. Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive at the Academy Awards
10. Lupita Nyong’o in Calvin Klein at the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards
Let me know if you agree with my top 10 and please feel free to share your Awards Season Best Dressed lists in the comments. I love hearing which looks you loved.
P.S Can we talk about the fact Jennifer Lawrence didn’t make it into the top 10 once? This makes me really sad 🙁