I’ve been experimenting with a number of beauty products over the last few weeks, from new skincare brands through to the latest makeup shades. Here’s a closer look at the products which left the biggest impression on me…
1. Jo Malone London are constantly launching new fragrances and I’m struggling to keep up. The latest, however, is an absolute gem and has quickly become my favourite scent. Saffron Cologne Intense is dark, heavy and has a spicy kick. I was lucky enough to be gifted a press sample, but I’ll happily splash out on another bottle once I run out, as it’s absolute perfection! Make sure you have a sniff next time you pass a Jo Malone counter!
2. I’ve had my eye on these Bop Basics hair ties (available at Shopbop) for a while now. It seemed a little excessive to have them shipped over from the USA, however, so I eventually bought a set of lookalike hair bands at H&M for under £3. They look just as good worn as bracelets as they do in my hair…
3. If you’re heading somewhere sunny this summer you may want to pack Goldfaden MD’s Sun Visor Spf30 spray. The sunscreen is fairly pricey, but the ultra-light oil-free formula sprays on as a fine mist and can be applied over makeup, which is incredibly practical. It’s a great product to have in your handbag if you’re going on a summer city break. And you can now find the newly-launched Goldfaden MD skincare collection at Space NK. It’s the first ever dermatologist developed natural skincare brand.
4. Stila is one of my favourite makeup brands (nerdy fact: the founder, Jeanine Lobell, is married to Anthony Edwards, aka Mark Greene from ER). So naturally I’m excited to try out Countless Colour Pigments, their new long-wearing eye shadows. The collection features five colour palettes, and it’s the shimmering neutrals that have caught my attention!
5. I very rarely use hairspray, but I was recently introduced to Oribe Superfine Hairspray and I now see what all the fuss is about. The slim, glossy aerosol can looks seriously glamorous on my dresser, and the spray gives a fabulous, flexible hold. Perfect for taming flyaway hairs and setting slick styles. Plus, it smells gorgeous!
6. Ever since Aerin Lauder launched her namesake makeup range, last summer, I’ve been a big fan. The latest additions to the AERIN collection are the Pretty Bronze Portable Illuminating Powders. The pretty bronzers come in two shades: a golden highlighter “to accentuate features” and a matte bronze “to add depth to the contours of your face.”
7. Urban Decay do the best eye liner pencils, and I’m currently trying to decide which of their fabulous 24/7 Glide-On colours to add to my collection. I use their black kohl liner in ‘Oil Slick’ almost everyday, but I’m tempted to try a vibrant purple or metallic blue. Currently ‘Electric’ [above] and ‘Deep End’ are my favourites. Which shades would you suggest?