Because I worked all of last weekend, covering the Vogue Festival, I’ve been looking forward to this weekend ever since Monday morning. I can’t wait to take some time to unwind! If you’re also in need of some relaxation then take a look at my seven stylish weekend suggestions. It’s all about indulgence, this week, from ice cream sundaes to bubble baths…
1. See Prada’s Great Gatsby costumes… The Great Gatsby hits cinemas in less than a week, and if you’re in New York over the weekend you can see a selection of the film’s stunning costumes up close. Miuccia Prada and Catherine Martin’s designs are currently on display at the flagship Prada store, in SoHo. Get down there this weekend before the mini exhibition ends – it’s only on until May 16th.
2. Go out for ice cream… Whether there’s rain or sunshine, this weekend definitely calls for ice cream! Whilst it’s very tempting to crash out on the sofa with a tub of Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food, I think I’ll go for the more sophisticated option, and go out for an ice cream sundae with a group of girlfriends. What’s your favourite flavour?
3. Shop for a maxi dress… Every where I look right now there’s a stylish girl wearing a simple, black maxi dress. The black maxi is a total wardrobe staple, and looks cool no matter how you style it. Literally anything goes, from Converse sneakers and denim jackets to heels and statement jewellery. Jarlo’s lace swing dress [pictured] is my current favourite.
4. Organise your shoe collection… A walk-in-wardrobe is the dream, but for most of us that’s simply not an option. My collection of shoes has got completely out of control recently (although I’d still say there’s room for another pair – or four), so I’ll be spending part of the weekend organising my closet. A shoe bookshelf seems like the smartest idea, but that calls for a hellish weekend trip to Ikea… The things we do for fashion, right?
5. Try a new hair colour… I spent yesterday afternoon at the Errol Douglas hair salon, in Knightsbridge, getting a colour makeover (more on this coming soon). I’d been tempted to try a darker shade of blonde for a long time, but only just plucked up the courage to go for it. So this weekend I suggest you finally book a hair appointment, if you’ve been day dreaming about a bold new look for a while. What’s the worst that could go wrong?
6. Find the perfect pair of summer shades… Burberry have just launched their latest eyewear collection for Spring Summer 2013, Burberry Spark. It’s packed full of fabulous designs for men and women, from two-tone metallic styles to foldable aviators. If you like to buy a new pair of sunglasses every summer this line is definitely worth checking out.
7. Take a long bubble bath… The weekend is for relaxing, so why no treat yourself to a long bubble bath? My favourite bath products are Mandara Spa’s bath soak and Philosophy’s zesty Senorita Margarita bubble bath. Expensive candles – like Cire Trudon‘s eucalyptus, orange, cedar scent, pictured above – are an added bonus.