Like many of you based in London I’ll be spending my weekend at the second annual Vogue Festival, which takes place on Saturday and Sunday at the Southbank Centre. If you missed out on tickets I’ll be covering everything for Coco’s Tea Party, so stay tuned for updates. And, instead, you can busy yourselves with these seven stylish activities… Enjoy!
1. Follow the Vogue Festival tweets… I’ll be at the Vogue Festival all weekend, so make sure you’re following the @cocosteaparty Twitter feed, as I’ll sharing updates constantly. This year’s speakers include Victoria Beckham, Michael Kors, Donatella Versace and Net-A-Porter founder, Natalie Massenet. If you’re attending too, make sure you tweet using the official hashtag, #VogueFestival, and copy @BritishVogue in.
2. Fill your home with fresh flowers… I’m not really that fussed about flowers, but it’s impossible to walk past Liberty in London without stopping at the flower stall. If you’re out shopping this weekend make sure you pick up a bouquet or two to decorate your home.
3. Buy a pair of barely-there sandals… If you have the urge to shop for new shoes this weekend there’s only one style you should be buying: barely-there sandals. They’re being worn by everyone, this season, from Rihanna to Jennifer Lawrence. For a guilt-free fashion fix head to ASOS, where they have an entire page dedicated to barely-there sandals. The metallic, mint green heels [pictured above] are my favourites.
4. Read Gone Girl… I started reading Gillian Flynn’s thriller last weekend, and had finished it by Tuesday. It’s so good I’ve been recommending it to everyone I know. It’s about a woman who goes missing, and her husband is the main suspect. And there’s a twist – of course! Reese Witherspoon has bought the film rights and it looks as if David Fincher (The Social Network) will direct the project. So far there’s no news on who will play Nick and Amy (Reese will just act as a producer), but Jessica Chastain’s name keeps coming up on blogs and forums. Watch this space…
5. Have breakfast in bed… Breakfast in bed is the ultimate indulgence and the perfect treat for the last weekend of the month. Just try to avoid pastries, as no one wants sleep in a bed filled with croissant crumbs…
6. Watch your favourite Sex and the City episode… Sometimes the best weekends are those spent on the sofa with a marathon SATC session. Everyone has their favourite episodes (mine are A Women’s Right To Shoes, Running With Scissors and Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda) so maybe the best plan of action is to team up with your best friends and each select an episode.
7. Dress your iPad in Kenzo… Did you know Kenzo made iPad cases? Because I didn’t! But then why wouldn’t you want to dress your iPad in Kenzo tiger print?! Of couse they make them! The signature tiger T-shirts and sweaters sell out at the speed of lightning, so this is probably the next-best option. Find them at Matches for £140.