Hooray! It’s finally Friday! There’s lots to busy yourself with this weekend, from the exciting Dior “takeover” at Harrods to the newly opened & Other Stories store on Regent Street. Here are seven fashionable ways to fill your time. Take a look:
1. Buy a bunch of flowers… Why wait to receive a pretty bouquet when you could just go out and buy one for yourself? Wasn’t that the overall message Destiny’s Child left us? It’s been a long, cold and fairly miserable week: you deserve it!
2. Check out the Christian Dior takeover at Harrods… This weekend the iconic fashion house hits Harrods department store. Described as a “luxury-charged adventure combining French Savoir Faire and British charm”, the Dior takeover will involve exciting window displays and a mini-exhibition on the fourth floor. You’ll even be able to visit Café Dior, which will be serving up lobster club sandwiches and Dior cupcakes. In store from March 16th to April 14th, 2013. Don’t miss out!
3. Perfect your liquid eyeliner application… It’s one of the trickiest makeup looks to master, so why not practise over the weekend? I find it easiest to use a gel liner (Bobbi Brown and Mac do two of the best) and a small, angled makeup brush. And, if all else fails, check out this ‘Feline Flick’ how-to video with makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury.
4. Shop at & Other Stories… H&M’s new luxury store, & Other Stories, officially opened last week. And now that the initial buzz has died down it’s the perfect time to visit the Regent Street flagship store. Expect cool statement dresses, printed skirts, must-have knits and a wide selection of handbags and shoes. If you can’t get to London fear not; you can shop online at Stories.com as well.
5. Watch your favourite teen drama again… I spent my teenage years watching The OC and obsessing over Marissa Cooper’s wardrobe. But maybe you were Dawson’s Creek girl instead. Whatever the show, why not watch a couple of episodes this weekend an revisit your teen years? I’ve actually just started Felicity. I missed it the first time around but have quickly become addicted.
6. Visit the White House… First Lady, Michelle Obama, covers the April 2013 issue of US Vogue. This is Michelle’s second Vogue cover and it’s sure to be another best-seller for Anna and team. You can read Jonathan Van Meter’s profile on Vogue.com now and there’s also a selection of Annie Leibovitz images to view too.
7. Update your underwear drawer… As I’ve mentioned numerous times in the past, I’m not one to get excited about lingerie. Embarrassingly I probably haven’t worn matching underwear in about six months, and the last time was a total accident anyway. It’s never to late though, right? This weekend I’ll be searching out pretty lingerie sets, and top of my wishlist is this poppy print design from Topshop, £26.