Bliss! It’s a long weekend and the sun is shining (at the time of posting – let’s see how long that lasts)! Whether you’ve planned a busy four days, or are just hoping to relax at home, here are seven things you must try and do this weekend…
1. Invest in some new basics… Every wardrobe needs a basic white T-shirt, and I’ve just been introduced to the ASOS Jersey range, which I’m absolutely loving. For Miranda Kerr’s cool, laid-back style grab the boyfriend T-shirt, £10, which is super soft and has a relaxed fit. Dress it up, dress it down… wear it however you want, it will always look great!
2. Bake Burberry cookies… These adorable tartan check cookies take a love for Burberry to a whole new level. I found the recipe earlier this week on Pinterest (yes, I’m obsessed) and can’t wait to make a batch – or two!
3. Book ‘David Bowie is’ tickets... The David Bowie is exhibition at the V&A opened last week and tickets have almost completely sold out. There are still a couple of dates available, so book now while you have the chance. If you do miss out though, you can still enjoy the accompanying book, David Bowie Is, RRP £35.
4. Watch The Host… Twilight fans must make a trip to the cinema this weekend, as Stephenie Meyer’s sci-fi romance hits the big screen. There are no vampires, but Diane Kruger and Saoirse Ronan bring a serious amount of star power.
5. Shop for new-season handbags… I’m currently obsessed with the Golden Lane handbag collection, available online at Shopbop.com from £362. The satchels come in a range of cool colours perfect for spring, and each bag has a handy split compartment design. Buy into the label now before price-points skyrocket!
6. Plan your next travel adventure… Quiet Sunday mornings are the perfect time to start planning new adventures. My next trip will be a return visit to New York, in May, and I’ve already got a gigantic list of things I want to do. Take an hour to brainstorm your next holiday and I guarantee you’ll forget about the miserable British weather!
7. Purchase some china teacups… I’ve suddenly developed an interest in tablewear. Especially the beautiful Butterfly Bloom set from Wedgewood. I like the idea of using the pretty china teacups as storage for lipsticks, cocktail rings and hair ties. Pick up miss-matching sets from charity shops and car boot sales if you like a bit of thrifting.