Blake Lively stole the limelight from New York Fashion Week for a couple of hours, after news broke that she’d secretly wed her boyfriend of a year, Ryan Reynolds. The wedding reportedly took place on Sunday evening, just outside of Charleston, South Carolina, and came as a big surprise, seeing as Blake and Ryan hadn’t even announced their engagement. At the moment we only know five things about Blake Lively’s secret wedding. So here are the facts so far:
1. According to People.com the ceremony took place at Boone Hall Plantation in Mt. Pleasant and the reception was held inside a white tent. It must have been a seriously fancy tent!
2. Florence Welch performed at the wedding reception. She’s been close friends with Blake for a couple of years. There’s no word yet on what Florence sang, but I like to imagine she burst out from inside the wedding cake, in homage to her giant shell moment at Chanel…
3. Christian Louboutin was a guest. Charleston based stylist Josh Ratliff tweeted, ”Spotted: @LouboutinWorld in Charleston! Welcome to the city! #designers” on Sunday.
4. Details on Blake Lively’s wedding dress are sketchy, so nothing is 100% confirmed at the moment. However, it’s looking like the bride wore Chanel (no surprise there) and Ryan was dressed in a Hugo Boss suit. UPDATE: Blake wore a Marchesa dress. Ryan wore Burberry.
5. The wedding cake was made in Virginia. I’m not sure why this is an exciting detail, but People.com seemed pretty thrilled to get the scoop, writing: “People also confirmed that a cake was being driven down from Virginia for the event.” Was Florence hiding in the cake?
This still leaves so many unanswered questions, such as: Was Anna Wintour on the guest list? Did the full Gossip Girl cast attend the reception? Will the wedding pictures appear in US Vogue, Kate Moss style? And did Blake’s ex-boyfriend, Leonardo DiCaprio, send flowers?
Here’s hoping we get some more details soon, as People’s cake exclusive isn’t enough for me!